It happens all the time: a leader reads a book or goes to a conference and learns great new ideas for their organization. But when they try to implement changes, nothing budges. Why? Because work cultures are deeply rooted.
Dr. Paul White wrote The Vibrant Workplace to give workplace leaders a thorough understanding of the most common obstacles to building a positive workplace. Not only will they learn the issues underlying those challenges, but they’ll gain the tools and strategies needed to overcome them.
Combining real-life examples with professional advice and research, Dr, White offers a guide to uprooting negativity and cultivating authentic appreciation and resiliency in the workplace. Readers will learn how to:
• Overcome resistance from non-interested managers and supervisors
• Assess how perceived “busyness” interferes with positive growth
• Address the deeper issues underlying pervasive negativity
• Communicate authentic appreciation even to “difficult-to-appreciate” colleagues
• Deal with performance challenges and communicate appreciation appropriately
• Bring out the best in their employees and teams
Any workplace can become more positive and grow towards health. It just takes knowledge of the core challenges and the skills to navigate them, which is exactly what this book provides. Readers will be equipped to successfully transform their workplace environment, infuse it with authentic appreciation, and deal with the real-life challenges faced in daily work settings.