Take to the open road with DK Eyewitness Back Roads California and discover 24 leisurely drives through the state's idyllic hamlets, gorgeous beaches, and sprawling vineyards.
Tour the Pacific Coast Highway, explore the vineyards of the Napa Valley, or drive through Yosemite National Park. Includes insider tips and information, this easy-to-use e-guide reveals incredible sights, hidden gems, and authentic local experiences that can be discovered only by road.
Inside DK Eyewitness Back Roads California:
- 24 easy-to-follow driving tours, each lasting one to five days
- Guided walks take you through California's pretty villages, historic towns, and national parks
- Experts suggest the best off-road activities in each area, from wine tours to water sports
- Contains essential travel tips, including our pick of where to stay, eat, and shop, plus useful travel, visa, and health information
- Covers all the US rules of the road
- Includes zip codes for use with GPS, plus information on road conditions and parking tips - Covers San Francisco, Sacramento Delta, Marin County, Napa Valley, Russian River Valley, Sonoma Coast, Anderson Valley, Redwood National and State Parks, Cascade Mountains, Santa Cruz, Big Sur, Santa Barbara, Lake Tahoe, Sierra Nevada, Yosemite National Park, Kings Canyon National Parks, Owens Valley, Death Valley National Park, Mojave Desert, Palm Springs, Coachella Valley, Rim of the World Scenic Byway, San Diego, and more
Staying for longer and looking for a more comprehensive e-guide to California? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide California.