Audiobooks, e-books, and print books. Those are the formats I usually read books in, though I’m leaning more towards the first two nowadays because they are more easily accessible. I also tend to listen to audiobooks when I’m on the go and generally can’t just sit still while listening to them.
If I start reading a book in e-book format, or listening to it in audiobook format, I hardly ever switch. I know other bloggers enjoy switching between the different formats, but either I forget or I just can’t be bothered, haha!
So today, I want to talk about my format habits, both consuming and switching between them.
- I commonly buy print books when I’m back home visiting my family, usually because the selection is much wider and the books are normally cheaper. When books are more expensive, I’m more picky about what I buy.
- I usually bring one print book (a novel of some kind) with me when I’m on a short vacation or about to embark on a long plane ride.
- For print books, my common consumption locations are at home, on a plane, or in a hotel room.
- My ebooks are usually from Amazon (freebies and deals), my library, or are ARCs.
- When I’m on a longer vacation, I usually bring my ereader because I don’t think I can survive a long vacation on just one book. :P
- My common consumption locations? On vacation, at home, on a plane! Pretty much almost the same as print books, but I mostly read ebooks nowadays.
- For audiobooks, I need to be doing something when I’m listening. It’s either when I’m walking, out running errands, or cleaning. If I’m just sitting around, I get fidgety or my mind thinks about other things.
- I usually get my audiobooks from my library, and sometimes through Audible (they have free ones sometimes, guys!)
- Location? In the car, or on a plane!
So, do I switch? No, not usually! I don’t follow along with my audiobook, nor do I get multiple formats of the same book.
What’s my exception? When the book is really REALLY good, and I have to know what happens RIGHT NOW.
I read much faster than the audiobook and if I’m so engaged with the book, I’ll go find it in another format (usually as an ebook from my library) and read it. I will race to the end because I just want to know what happens, because I am now SO INVESTED in the story and characters!
What about you, dear reader?
What are some of your ebook, print book, and audiobook habits? Do you switch between formats?
Let me know in the comments!
(All photos from Pixabay unless otherwise stated.)